Part 1 of AlcoholEdu and Part 1 of Sexual Assault Prevention are required. You will receive a registration hold on your account regarding this requirement. Once BOTH modules have been completed, it may take up to twenty-four hours for the hold to be removed.
ALCOHOLEDU + SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION
Required Alcohol EDU and Sexual Assault Prevention Online Trainings for all incoming students
Florida State University invites all incoming students to complete two educational programs focused on serious issues facing students to help ensure a healthy and positive college experience. Vector Solutions provides alcohol use and interpersonal violence (sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, and sexual harassment) education.
AlcoholEdu is an interactive, two-part online program to help you make healthy and safe decisions around alcohol. You will need to pass with a score of 75%.
Sexual Assault Prevention is an interactive two-part online program to help you make informed decisions about sex and relationships. It can help prevent sexual violence and demonstrate how to intervene in high-risk situations. Surveys personalize your experience, measure attitudes and behaviors and are confidential. Individual students' answers are not available to FSU, only aggregate data.
You will not need to complete these until you receive an invitation sent to your student email. The invitation will only be sent to your FSU student email address.
Summer & Fall 2023 Students: How to access your course
|Course(s)||Registration Link||Start Date||Due Date for Part 1||Due Date for Part 2|
|AlcoholEdu & Sexual Assault Prevention||https://cpnredirect.vectorsolutions.com/customer/florida-state-university/||September 13, 2023||October 11, 2023||October 31, 2023|
How to access the course:
On your start date, you will receive an email invitation to complete the online modules. The link to access the modules will be in the email.
- Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention by the due date.
- Within 20 days of completing Part 1, you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEDU and Sexual Assault Prevention. Part 2 is optional.
Exemption and Support for Survivors
FSU is sensitive to students who have a personal history of sexual violence. If you feel this training would be unacceptably upsetting for you due to that experience, please contact our Victim Advocate Program (VAP) at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss an exemption from the training and an alternate way to receive important information contained in the training. You do not need to disclose the details of your personal history of sexual violence and you will receive a follow-up email with some of the important campus policies and resources discussed in the trainings.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What If I Don’t Complete the Courses?
If you do not complete Part 1 of the AlcoholEdu and Part 1 Sexual Assault Prevention courses, a hold will be placed on your student account. You will still be able to access and take the course after this time but will not be able to register for classes until the course is completed. Holds are removed two days after completion of the course.
Who Needs to Take These Courses?
All new undergraduate FSU students (whether online or residential) are required to complete the AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention training course.
- If you begin in a summer semester, you will not have to complete these modules until the fall semester.
- If you begin in the fall semester, you will have to complete these modules in the fall.
- If you begin in the spring semester, you will have to complete these modules in the spring.
The invitations will be sent to your FSU student email account within the first two weeks of fall and spring semesters.
What If I Have Already Taken the Courses at Another Institution?
As a member of our community, you play an essential role in creating a safe environment at FSU. This starts with completing AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention. The course is customized to include FSU specific policies and resources and all incoming FSU students are required to take the courses.
How Long Can I Expect the Courses to Take?
AlcoholEdu will take approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete. Sexual Assault Prevention will take approximately 1 hour to complete.
How Do I Take the Courses?
You will receive an email with instructions on how to log into the course. You will need to use your MyFSU username and password.
Will My Answers Be Private?
The AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevent courses will include surveys about your personal health behaviors to help personalize your experience and measure students’ related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential. There is no linkage between the user’s login and the answers they provide within the training course. There will be demographic-specific questions asked during the training course.
Having Problems Logging In?
- If you are trying to login using a phone or iPad, please try logging in using either a laptop or desktop computer.
- Make sure you are logging into Vector Solutions System using the link from the invite email.
- Try logging into myfsu.edu. If you can’t do this, the problem is with your MyFSU and not with the course. If you can successfully log in to MyFSU then it is something more specific to Vector Solutions.
What Else Should I Know?
- The training is available at the start of your first semester. At the beginning of the term, you will receive an email informing you of your specific training requirement.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings, but make sure to click on the “next” button after completing a section before logging out. If you do not progress to the next section first, you will have to repeat the previous section.
- To avoid technical issues, please use a major web browser released within the previous two years (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, or Safari).
- If you experience technical problems, click the “help” button on the menu on the left-hand side located on your home dashboard page. You can also submit a ticket at Contact Support.